We are happy to provide these resources for you but encourage you to conduct your research to find the best solutions for your unique situation. The links are provided as a convenience and do not imply that Sunshine from Darkness offers a sponsorship or approval of these sites. When you access one of these websites, you are leaving the Sunshine from Darkness website.
First Step of Sarasota
(941) 953-0000 1750 17th St, Sarasota. Family Life Intervention Program (FLIP).
The Florida Center
Infant and Early Childhood mental health services
941-371-8820 ext 1000
Forty Carrots Family Center
Mental Health Services are offered for children, adolescents and families
Head Start (Children First)
Emotional and Behavioral Support services offered
Palm Shores Behavioral Health Center
An intensive inpatient psychiatric program offering residential treatment for males and females, 5-17 years old.
Crisis Stabilization Units (CSU)-Crisis Services
In any situation involving actual or potential injury to you or another, call 9-1-1 and ask for a CIT (Crisis Intervention Team) trained officer.
Baker Act – What is it? A way to provide individuals emergency services and temporary detention for mental health evaluation and treatment, either on a voluntary or involuntary basis.
Bayside Center for Behavioral Health
(941) 917-7760 1650 S Osprey Ave, Sarasota. A Baker Act receiving facility. 24/7 walk-in service. www.smh.com
Centerstone Hospital – Access Center
(941) 782-4617 2020 26th Ave E, Bradenton. A Baker Act receiving facility. 24/7 walk-in service. centerstone.org/locations/florida/
First Step Crisis Stabilization Unit
(941) 364-9355 1451 10th St, Sarasota. A Baker Act receiving facility. 24/7 walk-in service.
First Step – Mobile Response Team: The Mobile Response Team (MRT) provides around the clock (24/7-365) intervention through the Access Center to youth, adults, and families who are experiencing a mental health and/or substance use crisis. Services are available at home, school and other community-based locations or through the Access Center via phone and Telehealth. For more information or if in crisis, call 941-364-9355.
Riverside Behavioral Center
(941) 637-2474 733 E Olympia Ave, Punta Gorda. A Baker Act Receiving facility. 24/7 walk-in service. bayfrontcharlotte.com/locations/riverside-behavioral-center
Suncoast Behavioral Health Center
(941) 251-5000 4480 51st St W, Bradenton. A Baker Act receiving facility. 24/7 walk-in service.
The Academy at Glengary
CareerSource Suncoast – Sarasota
Helplines and Community Walk In Centers
NAMI Sarasota and Manatee Counties
Drop in center 941 961-8857
Bayfront Health Port Charlotte
(941) 766-4122 2500 Harbor Blvd, Port Charlotte.
Bayfront Health Punta Gorda
(941) 639-3131 809 E Marion Ave, Punta Gorda.
DeSoto Memorial Hospital
(863) 494-3535 900 North Roberts Ave, Arcadia.
Manatee Memorial Hospital
(941) 746-5111 206 Second St E, Bradenton.
Sarasota Memorial Hospital
(941) 917-9000 1700 S Tamiami Trail, Sarasota.
Venice Regional Bayfront Health
(941) 485-7711 540 The Rialto, Venice